How do tuxedo rentals work?
We think you will find our rental experience the fastest and easiest way to rent a tuxedo or suit online or in a store. Here is the proven recipe:
- Shop the site to create your look.
- Enter details about your Fit Profile and check out.
- Sit tight, your order will arrive via FedEx about 14 days before your event.
- Try on your garments within 48 hours of delivery and contact our Customer Service team with any questions or concerns.
- Within three (3) days following your event, using the prepaid return shipping label included with your order, send your rental items back to us in the original box via FedEx.
OK, here’s the deal. We are online only, meaning we do not have brick and mortar locations. Why is this good for you? Well, it reduces overhead and enables us to price the rental experience to be a terrific value for our customers.
Here’s our value proposition. We save you time and offer you a high quality product at the best possible price.
- We are more convenient than our brick and mortar competitors and save you time. Renting a tuxedo or suit from a store results in a minimum of three (3) trips to the store. One trip to get measured, one trip to pick up the rental, and one trip to return the rental. With Generation Tux, you book online at your convenience, your rental arrives fast and ships anywhere in the United States, and you ship it back to us on our dime - one trip!
- Our garments are nicer than our competitors. We have designed and tailored our garments to represent highest quality rental tuxedos and suits possible. Why? Because George Zimmer (Founder, CEO) wants you to look great on your big day.
- Our pricing is more competitive. See for yourself, price a tuxedo or suit rental with the same the quality of Generation Tux elsewhere and you will find that we are the best value in both price and quality.
In order to achieve our high standards for material, fit and price, we designed and manufactured our own exclusive brand Seven-26, created by our founder and CEO George Zimmer.
The luxurious, in-hand feel of premium wool in all our tuxedos and suits delivers a natural drape that’s flattering in ways lower-grade wool and poly-blends can’t replicate. Our tuxedos feature 100% super 130s-140s wool, satin-faced/piped lapels, a bespoke lining story, and side vents with the modern fit or a center vent with the slim fit. Our suits feature 100% super 120s-130s wool, side vents, a bespoke lining story, pick stitching, and a modern fit. All of our shirts feature 100% breathable cotton to keep you cool and comfortable at all times.
Of course! Any single item on our site may be rented individually, except for jackets and pants, which are only available as a matched set.
Honestly, as soon as you know your event date. If you need to rent for an event that is fewer than sixteen (16) days (21 days for AK, HI) from the time of order, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance setting up your event.
Once you have checked out, you can open an event at any time to see the reservation status dashboard in your account. If you have multiple people in your event, you can see the status of their orders as well. Our reservation management system will also automatically send email updates to you and other members of your event!
We strive to get your order to you about 14 days before your event. Please open your box immediately and try on your garments. If you find any issues, please contact our Customer Service team within 48 hours so that we have time to make any corrections and to avoid Rush shipment fees.
Within three (3) days following your event, using the prepaid return shipping label included with your order, send your rental items back to us in the original box via FedEx.
No. We do have retail accessories for purchase, but at this time rental items are not for retail purchase. Retail items are noted with a “Rent It” button under the item description.