How do tuxedo rentals work?
We think you will find our rental experience the fastest and easiest way to rent a tuxedo or suit online or in a store. Here is the proven recipe:
- Shop the site to create your look.
- Enter details about your Fit Profile and check out.
- Sit tight, your order will arrive via UPS about fourteen (14) days before your event.
- Try on your garments within 48 hours of delivery and contact us with any questions or concerns.
- Within three (3) days following your event, using the prepaid return shipping label included with your order, send your rental items back to us in the original box via UPS.
OK, here’s the deal. We are online only, meaning we do not have brick and mortar locations. Why is this good for you? Well, it reduces overhead and enables us to price the rental experience to be a terrific value for our customers.
Here’s our value proposition. We save you time and offer you a high quality product at the best possible price.
- It’s easier than going to a store - We are more convenient than our brick and mortar competitors and save you time. Renting a tuxedo or suit from a store results in a minimum of three (3) trips to the store. One trip to get measured, one trip to pick up the rental, and one trip to return the rental. With Generation Tux, you book online at your convenience, your rental arrives fast and ships anywhere in the United States, and you ship it back to us on our dime - one trip!
- Our quality is the best - Our garments are nicer than our competitors. We have designed and tailored our garments to represent highest quality rental tuxedos and suits possible. Why? Because George Zimmer (Founder, CEO) wants you to look great on your big day.
- Our pricing is more competitive - See for yourself, price a tuxedo or suit rental with the same the quality of Generation Tux elsewhere and you will find that we are the best value in both price and quality.
- If there are fit issues we will send free replacements - If there is an issue with fee, we will send you free replacement garments.
- Try before you rent with our free Home Try-On Program - For our wedding customers, we offer grooms a 48-hour, no risk, free Home Try-On program to demonstrate the experience, fit, and quality of our garments.
- The Groom rents free - If you have 6 or more people (including the groom) renting a complete suit or tux outfit, the groom gets a complete outfit rental free.
In order to achieve our high standards for material, fit and price, we designed and manufactured our own exclusive brand Seven-26, created by our founder and CEO George Zimmer.
The luxurious, in-hand feel of premium wool in all our tuxedos and suits delivers a natural drape that’s flattering in ways lower-grade wool and poly-blends can’t replicate. Our tuxedos feature 100% super 130s-140s wool, satin-faced/piped lapels, a bespoke lining story, in slim or modern fits. Our suits feature 100% super 120s-130s wool, side vents, a bespoke lining story, in slim and modern fits. All of our shirts feature 100% breathable cotton to keep you cool and comfortable at all times.
Of course! Any single item on our site may be rented individually, except for jackets and pants, which are only available as a matched set. Individual items are subject to shipping. Please contact us for more details.
Honestly, as soon as you know your event date. If you need to rent for an event that is fewer than sixteen (16) days (21 days for AK, HI) from the time of order, please contact us for assistance setting up your event.
Once you have checked out, you can open an event at any time to see the reservation status dashboard in your account. If you have multiple people in your event, you can see the status of their orders as well. Our reservation management system will also automatically send email updates to you and other members of your event!
We strive to get your order to you about fourteen (14) days before your event, however garment arrival times may vary during our peak seasons. Please open your box immediately and try on your garments. If you find any issues, please contact us within 48 hours so that we have time to make any corrections and to avoid rush shipment fees.
Within three (3) days following your event, using the prepaid return shipping label included with your order, send your rental items back to us in the original box via UPS.
No. We do have retail accessories for purchase, but at this time rental items are not available for retail purchase. Retail items are noted with a “Buy Now” button under the item description.